Is your child ready for physical education class? The following rules are in place to forge a safe and motivating environment. Your support at home is appreciated.
- Students must wear sneakers with laces or Velcro. Sneakers with no laces or Velcro are prohibited.
- Students must be completely free of all jewelry. If your daughter recently had her ears pierced please send in a note with the piercing date. We will have your daughter safety tape them for the 6 to 8 weeks necessary to make a permanent hole. Ears pierced prior to 6 to 8 weeks are expected to be removed.
- Students are only excused from physical education class with a note from a parent or guardian. The student will show their teacher who will then direct them to the nurse where the letter is signed. The student will bring the signed note to physical education and present it to the teacher. Please excuse your child from physical education only if an ailment is restricting them or making it unsafe to play. Students who do not participate in physical education cannot attend recess.
- Physical education plans on having class outside for as long as possible. Please send a sweatshirt for chilly days. Additionally, morning classes often go out when the grass is full of dew. This makes for wet sneakers and socks. We suggest an extra pair of socks to be kept in school for especially wet days.
- Classes are only 30 minutes long. Tying shoes in K-2 slows class down and doesn't allow us to maximize the time. Your continued help at home with this matter is appreciated.